Thursday, October 14, 2010

the Agnostic Front House Show.

Ok, so in one night I got to see, Mother of Mercy, Damaged Goods, Written Off, Product of Waste, Another Mistake and AGNOSTIC FRONT. All in a living room that probably shouldn't have 20 people in it on a good day, that had more like 80 people in it. It was hot, it was sweaty, it was violence, it was unity, it was beer, it was straight edge it was the Hardcore Brotherhood every scene should have. Kids were jumping off the fireplace mantle to crowd surf, running up my back (literally), to jump off my shoulders to crowd surf, kids were bleeding, broken, sweaty, happy. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had the joy and the pleasure to witness in my life. I didn't meet many new people, I didn't make many connections. I talked to a few really cool people, hopefully I'll meet them at shows again. But, I still have the connection that we all stood in that house on Chestnut Street and screamed "Oi!" for Gotta Go.

Agnostic Front was wonderful as they should be. The Pits were amazing, Crucified and Gotta Go were electric played live, Roger told us that we were an awesome crowd, and Stigma said that we reminded him of what hardcore was supposed to be and that the show was just like the shows they played in '82. Quite awesome. Just to hear those words made me proud to be there ya know? And everyone involved in the Louisville scene should be extremely proud of themselves for the beautiful thing they created. Anyone want to help me create a Bullitt County scene again? We Can do this.

Product of Waste. Their is so much to say about these guys. Their extreme energy, the straight in your face thrash/punk songs the played, the lead singer going 18 kinds of crazy with us, the Circle Pits he called for that we did, and had an amazing amount of fun in. They put a crazy amount of heart into their music. Buy their CD. See them live. Get a shirt. Lift the P.O.W. banner and scream "You'll Never Take Me Alive!"

The other bands? Wow man. So much heart. So much passion. So much talent, such good songs. The only thing I could ever complain about with the local bands is they didn't last long enough. But I'm thankful for the sets, cause they were awesome and I will be back for more shows by them if I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment